Primary Program Tuition
Tuition and Fees
Families may choose to enroll their child(ren) in our Primary program for 1, 2, or 3 days each week. In addition, each family is charged a rental fee for the use of water-proof, outdoor gear for your child as well as a materials fee to help us build our inventory of Montessori learning materials and replenish consumable materials.
Please remember that all payments received are non-refundable. And before you write that check, see if you can take advantage of one (or more!) of these discounts:
- Sibling discount: Families enrolling more than one child will pay full tuition for the first child (the greater of the tuitions) and will receive 10% off for the second child (the lesser of the tuitions).
- Referral bonus: Tell a friend about Montessori Nature School! If they enroll, we'll deduct 10% from your own child's tuition. If you've already paid your tuition in full, we'll hold on to your credit to be applied to future tuition costs.
- Co-op scholarship: Additional tuition discounts may be earned by contributing parent co-op hours in addition to the minimum annual commitment of 10 hours per family (ask us about details).
“There is no such thing as bad weather—only bad clothes." — Swedish saying
We do spend time outdoors every single day--in the rain, wind, snow, you name it (nature is our middle name, after all). So just as we provide all of the supplies for indoor activities, we also provide the children with the right equipment to take part in outdoor learning opportunities as well. Outdoor gear is PROVIDED for every MNS student: water-proof bib overall rain pants as well as a water-proof hooded rain jacket. This outdoor gear will remain at school at all times.
Each child is REQUIRED to wear water-proof, pull-on outdoor boots that have a hard sole and supportive inserts. These will be worn to/from school each day. We will also wear our boots outdoors EVERY day, whether we are in the woods, hiking to the neighborhood park, or exploring in the creek.
**Wet and/or cold weather may necessitate other outdoor garments. While the items listed above will remain at school, the following items (which will remain at home) are RECOMMENDED to be available on an as-needed basis as dictated by weather conditions. These items are as follows:
- Fleece jackets are recommended as they may be worn under water-proof jackets and still offer the child maximum comfort without limiting range of movement
- A hat/hood that covers the crown of the head and ears (wool or fleece is highly recommended for thermal quality and water resistance)
- Water-proof mittens (no gloves). Wool/fleece fabric pairs offer maximum flexibility and a more flexible grip than coated fabric ones (like ski gloves).
- Water-proof thermal socks (wool or fleece) will be worn over cotton socks inside of outdoor boots in colder weather.
To complete the enrollment process, each family is requested to bring the following items in to school prior to the start of the school year:
- One complete seasonally-appropriate change of clothing for your child (includes top, bottom, undergarment, socks, and spare shoes). This clothing will remain at school in the event of a large spill, muddy fall, toileting accident, etc.
- One pair of indoor shoes for both the child AND his/her adult partner. Indoor shoes must be plain (no light-ups, media characters, etc.) and have a rubber, water-proof sole. Some suggestions are crocs, Toms, or other slip-on shoes that your child can put on independently. These will be worn at all times while indoors at school.